Looking for Portfolio Review information instead?
Film Majors: looking for film reel review information?
Our next Mainstage auditions will be for “Tartuffe” and take place December 7, 2013.
by Moliere, translated by Richard Wilbur
WHEN: Saturday, December 7, 2013 1-5 p.m.
- INDIVIDUAL AUDITIONS will be in three-minute slots between 1-2:30 p.m.
- Actors should sign up for an audition time on the Theatre UAF callboard or contact Kim Eames (474-6590) for an appointment.
- CALLBACKS will be 3-5 p.m.
- All actors should plan to be available for callbacks from 3-5 p.m., though not all will be needed. A callback list will be posted at 2:45 p.m.
WHERE: Salisbury Theatre
WHO: Everyone is invited to audition! You do NOT have to be affiliated with UAF to be cast in our productions.
WHAT: FOR AUDITIONS
- ALL ACTORS: After signing up for an audition slot, please fill out an AUDITION FORM and familiarize yourself with other instructions as posted below.
- In your three-minute slot, you will present a pre-selected monologue that has been pulled from the script. These monologues are available below, in the department office (302 Great Hall), or by calling Kim at 474-6590.
- All actors should plan to be available from 3-5 p.m. A callback list will be posted at 2:45 p.m. listing the actors needed.
- Actors will be grouped together to read scenes from the script with one another.
Actors should read the script prior to auditions. Paper scripts are available
in the Theatre UAF office. Stop by or call Kim at 474-6590.
Rehearsal Dates: January 21-March 26, 2014
Performance Dates: March 28-29 and April 4-6, 2014
More specific information about “Tartuffe” follows this brief description of process and link to forms:
Looking for 191/291 Morning Audition Workshop information?
To Audition you should first fill out an audition information form (available on the “pocket” outside of the Theatre UAF Box Office door) or on-line Tartuffe Audition Form (a 80k file – small) (A pdf file which requires Adobe’s free Acrobat Reader plug in to view) and return it at your audition slot on Saturday.
If you are unable to come to campus to sign up for an audition slot; please call Kim in the Department office (907-474-6590) and ask her to assist you.
Remember to be on time for all your audition appointments!
On the Theatre UAF Callboard, by the sign up sheets (located to the left of the Great Hall near “Graffiti Hallway” / by the scene shop) there are tentative rehearsal and performance schedules for all the Shows. Please consult it when answering questions on the Audition Information Form. While not all actors are called to all rehearsals – nevertheless the process is time consuming.
Tartuffe – Character Descriptions
ORGON, Elmire’s husband
DAMIS, Orgon’s son, Elmire’s stepson
VALERE, in love with Mariane
CLEANTE, Orgon’s brother-in-law
TARTUFFE, a hypocrite
MADAME PERNELLE, Orgon’s mother
ELMIRE, Orgon’s wife
MARIANE, Orgon’s daughter, Elmire’s stepdaughter, in love with Valere
DORINE, Mariane’s lady’s-maid
Either (some of these may be double-cast and/or played by cross-dressed actors)
FLIPOTE, Mme. Pernelle’s maid
M. LOYAL, a bailiff
LAURENT, Tartuffe’s lackey
A POLICE OFFICER
|Notes on Monologues Packet:There are eight monologues in this packet: two monologues each for the characters of ORGON, TARTUFFE, ELMIRE and DORINE.Men should choose one of the four monologues from ORGON or TARTUFFE to prepare.Women should choose one of the four monologues from ELMIRE or DORINE to prepare.In making your selection, please consider which monologue will highlight you and your skills best. You do not need to see your selection as a decision about a particular character you are interested in playing. However, when you perform the monologue, you should take care to present and portray the character who is speaking. (And to do that fully, you need to read the script.)Recommended preparation:
Feel free to contact me if you have questions about the material or about the auditions. My office phone number is (907) 474-5253 and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also look me up on Facebook (Brian EG Cook) and friend me or just send me a message there.
See you at auditions!
Courtesy of faculty Lighting Designer Kade Mendelowitz & Professor of Performance Carrie Baker:
- Techie / Designer Resume Template in Word format, this document can be used as a template for creating your own resume.
- Acting Resume Template in Word format, this document can be used as a template for creating your own resume.
Once you download the file to your browser, read it online or choose “File”, “Save as” and save to your computer.